Strawberries! While we all love strawberries, one of the biggest problems is that they go bad very quickly. The thing is they are spongy and therefore soak up moisture. Here is how we keep our strawberries fresh;
- We remove them from their original package
- Put them in a bowl with white vinegar and water (a ratio of 1:2) for about 5-10 minutes
- Place them on a rack to dry completely.
- Make sure they are completely dry before returning them to their original package(which should have air holes)
- Store them in the refrigerator. This method above ensures your strawberries last 3-7 days.
Why are strawberries good for you?
- They protect your heart, increase HDL (good) cholesterol, lower your blood pressure and guard against cancer.
- They are packed with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols
- They are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food.
- They are among the top 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity and are a good source of manganese and potassium.
Just one serving, about eight strawberries, provides more Vitamin C than an orange. #Strawberries #Antioxidant #Fruit #Flower #Healthy #Preserve #CancerFighter #Vitamins #IncreaseGoodCholesterol #LowersBloodPressure #LowCalorie #FitDishAxa #Meals #MealPrep